Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some of 2009

So, I have been trying to collect pictures of the last few months and I've run onto some fun memories and good times! Hopefully I'll be able to share some of the best! :)



I had a chance to go to the Bee's game a couple of times in the summer time. This was with our East Millcreek 19th Ward Family Home Evening Group. We had so much fun! Thanks to our great Bishopric for allowing us the funds to be able to go.



Ryan, Michelle, and Noah came to Utah to celebrate Noah's little cousins birthday. We had dinner, lots of treats, and good times!





Noah has a real obsession with balls! He loves anything that is round... and preferably bouncy!!!!




And then there was my birthday party with the girls up in Midway, Utah! It was soo beautiful!

We ate gourmet pizza in this cute little house-turned-cafe. We had super interesting conversations... that drew in our neighbors from the next table...who later thanked us for the entertainment! I loved it! We went to lisa's cabin/totally-cushy Midway house and spent the night playing Rock-Band, and eating tons and tons of carby, sugary, yummy goodness! Thanks Clairice for those most amazing sugar cookies I've ever eaten and also to Lisa for giving me the sweetest, most indulgent Normandy chocolate cake I've ever eaten! Simply amazing!!!!

And then there was my trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving! It was so nice to be able to relax with my grandparents! It really made me realize how much time gets away from us. I felt like I was 5 again, hanging out with them. I miss the comfort of having my Bailor grandparents so close.

I got to talk to my grandparents a lot about their history and lives, and ancestors. I saw lots of pictures and read some really cool letters. It's funny to learn about the dynamic between different relationships in the family through letters, read their frustrations with money and status, and all that good stuff. Some things in life never change. Even after a hundred years!









We had Thanksgiving dinner at Buddy and Jamie's house. It was soo soo good to get to know Buddy and Jamie again and find new common interests! I love them and their kids are so dang cool!!!!! I really wished we could be closer to them. I think they are the most like our family.




We ate dinner in the sun room that looked out onto the acres and acres of back yard. It was pretty warm and misty outside, which was a nice change from the freezing temps in Utah!

There was a table full of desserts, that I swear was bigger than the table full of dinner! Jamie made Buddy's famous texas sheet cake that was awesome!!! We had chocolate eclairs, apple and pumpkin pie, cookies, vanilla bean cheesecake that was heavenly! And so much more! We ate, talked music and bonded all night long pretty much!

So dang much fun!

Later that night I got to meet up with Lori and Nick at a sports bar. It was so much fun to meet up with them and catch up since the wedding! I felt like I got to know Lori a lot better and I am really glad she and Nick are a part of our family now!

No comments: